Thursday, November 16, 2006

big turn

I had a good day at work today, I always liked Thursday, because it is my weekly check-in with my supervisor, and I always got alot of compliments from him. They made me feel good, made me feel that my hard work is acknowledged, coz im really busting my ass off there. No obligation at all, I enjoy every bit of it.

Had a long chat with John - my office "room mate", I told him that im stubborn sometime, in terms of my education and career path - u know how ppls sometime find themselves changing their interest as they grow? But i ve been trying hard to stay on the same path. I always tot i liked Telecommunication, wireless, (i still do!) but John made me realized something - what you like right now will be different 10 yrs from now. and He's so right, how would i know if i keep constraining myself in a box? i gotto get out there to explore. And im really lucky to be able to join this company because it made me dig out this new perception and curiosity towards computers, software!- John had been there for 6 yrs and he said it is one of the very few places he worked that made him feel happy going to work every morning. to me, that is the killer - how many of them out there actually loving their job?

I will be looking out for the opportunities from schneider - and it is going to be a huge sterling swirl, im nervous...

3 comments:

rightmywrong said...

Just gotta post a comment here before I head to school. I'm happy that you are enjoying every second of your time working for this company because like you mentioned, not too many ppl like the job they have right now...=)

It's really important to love what you are doing or else you might be wondering everyday whats the purpose of waking up early in the morning to go to work..

I'm anxious too as how my future employer is going to be and the environment of the company..hopefully it's just like what you said, nothing but good feelings ;)

Good luck gurl! Girl rulezzzz at work..haha

SuLee said...

i am happy going to work right now but then again i ve been only been working there for a little over a month. That might change..who knows!

but i was talking about John, he gave me a feeling that schneider is really a good place to work, coz he's still enjoying workin there after 6 yrs?! so thats something...

well if you dont, just find something that you really enjoy, sighhh kong tou tai - money is the thing that will keep us going...

rightmywrong said...

haha true! money rulezzz!! Sad but true..