Sunday, August 14, 2005

sisterhood of the traveling pants

Was supposed to work on my correspondent take home final, even though Will said we could take our time but I wouldn�t wanna risk it.

Just watched the "sisterhood of the traveling pants"for the second time, first time was in the theatre, it was so good that I decided to download it so I could watch it over n over again.

This story is about how a pair of jeans amazingly fits all Lena, Tibby , Carmen n bridget perfectly despite on their size differences. They decided to share it during the summer n called it the magic pants. In this unique way, the four experience the challenges and surprises of life in a summer they'll never forget.

 



TWO THUMBS UP!!





Image hosted by Photobucket.com



 



Lena, Tibby, Carmen, Bridget
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Lena is a soft spoken n conservative girl ,who hide herself behind the image of everyone sees her since young - the image of appropriateness. During her stay with his grandparent in Greece, the magic pants brought her to this guy who made her open up , not afraid to be herself.

Tibby appeared to be this tough girl who doesnt care much , but deep down inside, shes just afraid of feeling too much. The pants brought Bailey to her (who suffer from leukeamia). The moment b4 Bailey died, Tibby put the pants besides her hoping that the magic will work on her,Bailey said to her : "they already did, they brought me to you.. ", tat was crying scene no.1, there were 3, even the second time I watch it..hehe


Bridget is this tall gorgeous blonde who spent her summer in a soccer camp in Mexico.Her mom died years ago, and she s been trying to keep herself happy n alive ever since, becoz she believes if she feels alive, it doesnt seem like she s dead. But whenever shes upset, missing her mom hurts her too much.


I could connect myself to Carmen the most(despite on our sizes n loud nature), the fact that she wouldnt stand up to her dad who she hasntseen much since he divorced her mother years ago, jealousy occurred seeing her dad as a happy family with his fiance n her two teen children, made her wonder what she has done wrong tat he left them. After such a long time, I found this anger inside against my father, I think the misunderstand between Karen n mom triggered it. Will I express myself to him like how Carmen did to her dad? I dunno, if it happens, it happens, is not like it meant anything to him anyway..A lot of times, im always curious about the feeling of growing up having loved from a father..even now so...

No comments: