Thursday, December 28, 2006

Highlights of the week.

All I wanted for xmas is a new laptop which i been longing for the past 6 months.

and I got it! for a really good deal on day after xmas - Boxing day!!

it looks almost exactly like the laptop i used to have but bigger. Anyway thats not the hightlights of the day...I mean days....

Highlight #1 - Xmas eve
crazy intense last minute shopping (wallmart was opened 24 hours week b4 xmas), got all done in 2 hours, yummy big xmas dinner prepared by kenny, turkey, pastas, salmon and the whole nine yards. Nonetheless, besides food , of coz there were presents, they will sink the tree if it wasnt elevated. And the rush of ripping all them up one by one, ohh how i love xmas!

Highlight #2 - Xmas day
relaaaaaaaaaax, and guess wat? we finished the turkey right on xmas day !!! was hoping to have turkey sandwiches for whole week. But not a chance because it was so yummy!!

Highlight #3 - Boxing day
Digged and flipped the flyers b4 went to bed, woke up 5 in the morning and got our asses down to futureshop, got myself this awesome deal laptop Centrino duo core, 1G DDR RAM, 120GB 5.4krpm HD - just these 3 are worth getting up so early. When we got there around 6am, the parking lot was packed, saw ppls with sleepy eyes, probably still in their pjs carrying out boxes in their hands with messy hair. and there were only 3 laptop that i wanted left. and I felt conned because i had to pay 110 extra on top of the "special price" just because it was pre-setup!?! and i dont hv a choice. later of the day stopped by another future shop in langford and found out they dont charge the so called setup fees, WTF? so now i got two exact laptops sitting at home, but one cost 110 less than the other. Thank god for refund policy.

Hightlight #4 - two days later..
Furious about futureshop's money oriented management! brought the laptop back and they will not refund me the 110$ as claimed by "services are not refundable" in another words, pay us for the service and you will not get anything..I was furious! kept chanting the sentence in the customer service counter like a psyco b "there is no way im paying 100 something for nothing", Sabrina was running back and ford trying to make us -customers and the manager happy, why cant the bloody manager just show up and solve this thing!? too busy? i dont think so, i literally saw one wondering around the store aimlessly. anyway we settled for gift cards - do i need anything else from futureshop? no, do i want to ever shop there again? no! well...maybe next boxing day sale, mind me they DO have really good deals, otherwise peoples wouldnt camp overnight for that. I guess i could put up with that once a year :P


Overall, Im happy with my new baby :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shopping here in San Francisco wasn't as crazy for boxing day...in fact, it was pretty dead =|

The only section which was jam packed with ppl was the cashmere section...you know, regular price like $200, after coupons and discounts, can get one for like $60...which I don't really care...haha because I dont buy cashmere...=P Saw some chinatown ladies cornering that place...hehe

I will be flying back to UK on the second...=( oh well, gotta look at everything on the bright side...time to plan on another europe trip...=P hehe

Didnt get to wish you and darryl on xmas day but i think its still not too late to wish you guys a wonderful new year ahead! lots of good luck and prosperity..=D

SuLee said...

thanks amy and happy new year to you too!!! busy busy season coz you and me hardly blogged, anyway im sure ur enjoying ur time home and europe trip eh...hehe for some reason that reminds me of the movie "euro trip", hv u watched that?

Anonymous said...

haha no but last night my flatmate mentioned about that. I'm quite glad that I have two nice flatmates to talk too. If not, I think I'm going to die here bitching about how unfair the world is.

Yes, I'm back to the cold reality.

How are things with you?