Sunday, March 16, 2008

the Iron Ring Ceremony


It was the Iron ceremony yesterday, because I still havent unpack, and my camera is drowned in one of my suitcase. Thus I dont have any picture. The ceremony is close door anyway, no camera and friends are allowed, only the recipients and presenters are allowed.

After an hour of boring ceremony, i felt so stuffy in the small room with 400 other sweaty enginners. We finally got our ring. it was nothing great, but it meant something... it meant years and years of hard work, and it carries our obligations as engineers. We had to read our oath holding a big iron chain on our right hand, i have to admit the whole ceremony is weird.

Anyway the highlight of the day is partying with bunch of engineers. they scattered around downtown, some at hugos, some at social club, we went to element, I danced my ass off before I decided to suddenly pass out. Darling brought me back to the store, which thank god only 10 mins walk. and he wasnt feeling good and we took a nap on the couch behind.

I woke up around 3 feeling better, and drove us and doggies home.

When I came to work this morning, I saw D's car is still there, they must ve still asleep in the hotel room, wonder if they got lucky? haha


anyway it was nice to see everybody again, but when i was at the club last night, I was looking down at the dance floor, although my mind was a little bit tipsy, but I saw a pool of ppls, mostly women danced their ass off, there is a corner of stuck-up asian chicks, swirling their body to get attention, but of coz they are not as wild as the white chicks, rocking their body and booty hard! and males were just around where I am checking them out, saw M dancing with one after another, change women as the song changes, and was told that P was making out with this woman wildly on the couch, they almost had sex on that couch!

I told darling I will really hate this kinda life, will you prefer it? and of coz he said No, mei sei koh mehh, haha but I do believe him.

Isnt it empty life like that? I mean i have friends going out every weekend just to get laid. everytime with different partner. i mean....

I guess from a man's point of view, as long as they get to please their little thing, it doesnt really matter. oh why? Im wrong? alright maybe not all men are like that, but I do know alot of them.

The pictures of that pool of single (who knows) ppls dancing on the dance floor under red and blue lights still appear clearly in my head. even though im so hang over right now and wish im home asleep , or drinking more :P but honestly I was one of them, and man i do not ever want to go back to that life! I love the feeling of secure, and settlement. I love my wedding ring, my husband, and my dogs, soon my children.

Saw a friend that I hvent been seeing for two years on the way to work today. She and her husband was carrying the baby trolley down the stairs, and she is so adorable! oh my god, I really wish I am pregnant now.....

But no, just finished school, I gotto at least work for a year before anything. Guess what!? I got a call for an interview, he's going to email me the details , is a small company - maybe just around 10 ppls? a friend worked there before, he didnt really like it but for some reason i know Im going to learn so much from a small structure company like that.

Wish me luck.... now i got my ring, i just need a job and followed by my cert in June.

6 comments:

rightmywrong said...

Yeah I don't understand why ppl want to go to clubs every weekend and then trying to get laid...there are better things in life than sleeping around with every woman in town...but then, it's not my life, so they can do wateva things they wan...

Yeah job hunting can be tiring but don't give up! You just need to start somewhere...and after that, shud be smooth sailing..

Go go go!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I've never heard about this engineer's Ring before. Such a cool concept. I want one too! (Even though I'm no longer a practicing engineer, it's cool!)

G'luck with the job hunt. If you were in KL, I'd be at your doorstep from day one since I'm a headhunter, but since you're not, the least I can do is send some positive recruitmently energies your way... :D

*hugs*

SuLee said...

meme : well different ppls has different life style, but one day they will be tired of it. I know, didnt I tell you I am you but just few months later! dont you realized i am doing what you did?

Kenny : is a Canada thing, every engineers should receive an iron ring from an Iron bridge that fell down long ago as a reminder of our responsibilities, but nowadays they are just made out of stainless steel.

you are head hunter!?

Gary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rightmywrong said...

haha yeah so thats why I said don't worry, yours will come soon =) you are going to begin somewhere, everybody does actually...unless u've given up on yourself which I don't think is the case with you my dear..i know you can do it! A success is not a success without some struggles!

I terguna Gary's account just now haha....the comment was deleted...

SuLee said...

hahah i thought suddenly gary is one of my blog readers, terkejut pula!