Sunday, July 10, 2005

corny; typical opening in a conversation

Pls excuse my "mou liu"ness as I just heard this conversation between two ppls, lets just call them A and B.

A: Hi, how r u?
B: (2)good. (2)n how bout u?
A: good....(respond to 1), good (respond to 2)
B: yea.....
(5 seconds silence)
B: is gorgeous today eh?
A: oh yea...absolutely...

and then they walked further n further away which means I couldnt hear the rest of the conversation. hahaha, I had came across this kinda typical conversation many times, then this linked to how we get bored, n cant get very close to ones here as opposed to back home.(or maybe im just not used to it..yet!) becoz in this culture, ppls are polite,(sincere or not) is almost a routine to start a conversation this way. so picture if u see this fren very often, then wat? u gonna talk about the same ol things over and over again, like weather, what did u do on last weekend? hows school, hows work, hows life??? then u ll stop seeing each other that often coz bored of each other....ARRRGG!!

VS back home, we make fun of each other without getting offended. we made lame silly jokes, we try to be as rude as we can to close ones so that it wont be so formal n serious. we laughed so hard n slammed the table in mamak stall without have to care being judged. But if u do that here, ppls will look at u in a weird way,they ll think ur drunk or high or something, just like melvin and I laughed so hard in the ferry that we got those "looks" by ppls who passed us by. call me uncivilized, call me barbarian , u might be one class above, but i dont care as long as im having fun with my frens...is not that im not having fun with frens here but is different,REALLY! we started to act silly and carefree after we r drunk.

maybe is "our" kinda sense of humour (sampatness), coz danny n kelly told me, even they went with other groups in malaysia, they wont get "our" jokes. Thats why, i got many comments that Im not as fun anymore when i was back home......now it explained! coz i barely use my sampatness here and it got rusty, hahaha ,or maybe Im growing up and I refused to deep down inside, I still wanna be the "me" in high school, coz thats the most fun time i ever had in my life.

I miss you all, my high school frens!!

No comments: