Wednesday, June 06, 2007

unbelievable *slash* convo




Bike To Work Week 2007 has officially finished! Kudos to those who dug deep and participated this year. Here are some statistics for the week:

Total number of riders: 46
Total first time commuters: 3
Total kilometers pedaled: 3701.4
Total equivalent kg of C02 reduced: 888.36

Note that 888kg of C02 is roughly equivalent to:

1. C02 produced per-person on a return flight from Victoria to Toronto
2. C02 produced over one year by using a residential clothes dryer
3. C02 produced over one year by 18 sixty watt incandescent light bulbs


We are pleased to announce the following draw prize winners (all BTTW participants, all first time commuters and all participants that brought their bikes in to the Oak Bay Bikes Tune Up day were eligible):

First Time Commuters:
Nicole Ng - Free Tune Up from Oak Bay Bikes
Brian Bikadi - Free Tune Up from Oak Bay Bikes
Jason Cobham - Free Tune Up from Oak Bay Bikes




And that was only from one company!! just picture, the whole Victoria participated during the whole week and picture the whole province? the whole Country!?!?!




See how "bike-to-work" week had greatly contributed to the environment!? Im gonna ride more from now one, try to make it once a week!




anyway- Interested in my "convocation" pictures?











The Engineering geeks

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby..glad to see the pictures turned out great...congratulations heheh....love you lots

SuLee said...

thanks darling for taking most of the pictures, the pic with doggies, your head was cropped - cant tell right!?

I should put up that picture with your funny face. AGAIN! whats your problem!?

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hey congrats! for both graduating and saving the world..so lost abit of weight from all that ass crunching cycling?

SuLee said...

r u saying that i look like i lost weight from those pictures? teehee!

Thanks!

Kenny Mah said...

sulee!!!

Almost back to full-time blogging, and now it's the weeeeeekend, time to catch up on my blog-reading.

Wow, you've graduated! Congratulations! And all them dogs and bikes... you're definitely a far more outdoorsy person than me. (Though come to think of it, I was quite outdoorsy in Germany; maybe it's just the weather here in the tropics...)

Love Joe's term though": "ass crunching cycling" LOL

SuLee said...

oh ur back on track!! haha outdoorsy, did u stay in Germany for a period of time?

outdoor sport is definately more fun than going to gym.

rightmywrong said...

congratulations!!! =)

Havent been blogging much as Im enjoying my lazy days of computer games, shopping and eating!!!;)

take care, be back soon muaccckkkkk

meme

Anonymous said...

Yo.. This is strange.. I was thinking today that I'm so crap at keeping in touch with friends.. And I thought to myself I should email you.. Then I thought Nah her email always doesn't seem to work - better check her blog.. And then my last thought was - I wonder if she's graduated.. Then there you are with your convo pictures!! Congratulations.. I must have been subconsciously counting down to the big day.. am pretty thoughtful after all.. hehe, Not. How are you? Write me an email.. Miss you and hope you and D are well. x YH

SuLee said...

oh im so surprised to see my rare visitors!!!

meme - ok is good to hear that you are relaxing instead of running around preparing for ur wedding thing like "monica" in friends :) should update soon!

yh - what are you talking about that my email doesnt work!? i chech my email like every 10 mins during office hours (teehee!) thanks and would u be back in msia say sometime around Jan to attend our big day?

Unknown said...

Are you saying I am a geek??

SuLee said...

huh? you are....???