Tuesday, July 17, 2007

another self realization

is another unproductive day.. But at the end of the day, I got most of my test and equipments working! so YAY! hopefully by the end of this week , i will get 3 test cycles out of the way.

U know I was told that I seem not passionate about my job, I showed no interest in experimenting or finding out when a tool / equipment is not working.

My theory was : if it takes 5 minutes for you to explain to me, and 1 hour for me to play around with it and unsure about the results. Why dont I go ahead and ask , in that case we will save time and money.

turned out I realized my theory is only right when time is limited when deadline is very close by. It might waste 55 minutes to get it working but eventually, I will gain more knowledge and the most important thing is brush up my troubleshooting skill.

Now that is the KEY! that is the passion we are looking for...

and he is right, by experimenting more, I found my job is more and more interesting, well at times the frustration really gets on my nerve, but when you get it right, that sense of achievement is so satisfying...

I need to re-find that passion. The reason why I picked up electrical engineering at the first place.

I dont wanna be one of those who work just to pay rent...

2 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

You and me both, you and me both. Don't want to work simply to pay the rent either, but I suppose that does come first.

In a way, I'm trying to find pleasure in what I do, though it's not the first thing I'd imagined for myself. But satisfaction does come when I realise how I'm helping my clients find employees and my candidates get better jobs.

But a little more passion for my work would go a long way with me too, o yes...

SuLee said...

actually I dont know what you do? besides a yoga's instructor.

sounds like u should be proud of ur job.

dont we all want a job that we love?

but guess what? I dont even have a fulltime job yet!