Friday, July 13, 2007

oh is friday for god sake!

Once again, is 6.30pm on a Friday evening, is bright n sunny outside and Im still stuck at work.

this is the 4th or 5th Friday that I ve been pulling 9 hours. I know it is extremely normal or even a joke in Malaysia. Lets look at Karen for instant, when she was at her old company, she got home 10pm at night few times a week. But, but the thing is, I THINK, im the only one left in the office.

See some of these tests, nono MOST of these test require days or even a week to run by automation tools, so we must make use of the weekend to finish up as much as I could, there are 5 carts in the lab and im on 3 of them with total of 13 meters to be tested. I dont mind setting everything up at all but the thing that frustrated me the most is when the equipment wont work with me...

I might have to activate the security alarm system before I go... What was I thinking biking in on Friday? knowing the outcome - im gonna be drained at the end of the day.


Thank god I got a caring husband, just that solid "OK" when i whined on the phone "can you pls come pick me up? im too tired to bike"

Will keep my bike in the building for the weekend.

dear all equipments in the lab, please work with me, so i could actually go home ...

alright meters should finished calibrating right now. at least pls do.... work with me!!

2 comments:

Yeehwan Yeoh said...

Hey.. hope your equipment started working.. I know what you mean about staying back - I don't think I can work the way they do in Malaysia.. Friday night is the worst time to stay back! Thank god my bosses never expect us to do that.

SuLee said...

oh gosh, i ended up leaving at 8pm, is ok if there are still few ppls in the office and u dont feel get pulling outside as much, but when the whole floor is empty , thats tough...

anyway! how are you doing!