Sunday, March 11, 2007

How long does something expire on human's brain?

Sometime ago.... I sent out this email to the undergraduate adviser...

Good day,

I hope you don’t find this amusing but I has just spoke to my mom on the phone (in Malaysia) after having my wedding banquet booked for January 08 (it has to be booked one year a head due to peak season). My initial intention is to tell her the good news – that we found a date and a nice venue.

It came to my shock when she found out that my convocation is going to be on June 2008 and INSISTED we have our wedding after school- my convocation. I didn’t think it was going to be such a big deal to her. And there is no way I could do this against her way.

Anyway, the only reason that is delaying my convocation is ONE course – Elec 380 which is offered once a year (in the fall), I will really appreciate it if an exception could be make to replace this course with any of the ELEC Elective List A offer in the summer, so I could make it to the November 07 convocation, which will be perfect for our wedding on January 08.

Please kindly help us with this issue as a penalty will be charged if we would to cancel the booked banquet. Your help is highly appreciated.


Yours truly,
Nicole Su Lee, Ng
04 22239



and after spoken to both the adviser, Christine and acting chair, Dr Zielinski in ece department...

It sounded pretty positive coz they both are very supportive about this , however the decision is not made by them, is the chairman - Dr Dimopoulos.

which by the way, dont you just love the name of all this wise men in ece department

Dr Antoniou
Dr Dimopoulos
Dr Zielinski
Dr Agathoklis
Dr Papadopoulos
etc.....

anyway back to the topic - as i was saying..everything sounded pretty positive until I met up with Dr Dimopoulos - the wise guy who made the decision and he said NO to me! (mind you, the course I was going to take instead of 380 is a fourth year course which needed 380 as one of the pre-reqs)

I was told that he's a very very conservative man, he doesnt approve program mod very often. But is he made out of rock or what after knowing that there is sooooo much penalty needed to be paid!?!? and seriously what is that one lousy course gonna do to our degree?

After all the pleading, and persuading - he still said no...UNLESS! I could prove to him I ve taken similar course before...turned out, yes! I ve taken it, why didnt I think if UTM, I was there for 3 years, 5 semester, 30 courses!! thats alot more than any other regular diploma - but when i was preparing the course outline...I looked through my old Transcript from UTM, " wow, how come I dont remember any of these courses I ve taken? What had I learned?"

And does it f***ing matter that I ve taken this course, uuummm..said 5 or 6 years ago? COZ I ABSOLUTELY DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING!! and why does it matter so much or even bother to check on something that I dont hv any trace of memory on?

Doesnt make sense - anyway whatever works (hopefully) and makes him happy...

*finger crossed* hopefully we ll hear good news on Monday.

7 comments:

rightmywrong said...

omigod those names, like tongue twister

oh man, sorry to hear about that, im sure good news will unfold on monday :)

SuLee said...

I really hope so...

zewt said...

so what's the conclusion?

SuLee said...

I just came back from his office and he still needs to think and debate about it because there's this tiny part of material that was not covered, yada yada yada!

GOSH!!! *(@^#&*^#%&*(#($*&

He doesnt realize how important this is to us!! and how much money will it cost us! A little more consideration will be nice!

SuLee said...

so yea...he officially denied it!

but I just spoke to my mom on the phone, we could get our pictures taken earlier - in the studio or on campus...and could still make it on Jan08.

Guess tats good news?

zewt said...

certainly good news... save you a lot of trouble lor... no?

SuLee said...

I guess so....if i knew this earlier I wouldnt ve gone through so much trouble to try to replace that course.