Friday, May 18, 2007

KK VS GC

You know many of us - when talked about vacation, we wanna go US, Europe, Japan, Korea or ....even Singapore!

How many of us will actually consider East Malaysia - Sabah or Sarawak as one of their destinations?

Lets look at one of the seven wonders of the world - Grand Canyon


Beautiful isnt it? with the sun set n everything....


Look again, isnt that wonderful? except the picture ur looking below is Kota Kinabalu

The only difference I can think of - ermm off the top of my head, is Grand Canyon will cost you 5k? but KK 1K and you will have some extra pocket money for shopping...

Of coz another practical one is - u actually have to hike up to KK with all the mountain climbing or hiking equipments. Thats gonna cost you another big buck :)

Seriously! look again.....

This is Grand Canyon

And this is KK

I personally think they are equally beautiful....so why dont we support our local tourism?

Cuti-cuti Malaysia! I know blabbing about this in my blog arent gonna help contribute in the Malaysia's tourism coz i only have like average 5 readers a day.

Originally, our honeymoon destination is Pulau Sipadan in Sabah and i heard is not cheap but is gooooooooorgeous! but now since honeymoon is gonna be a gift to us. We gonna make full use of it....Tahiti maybe? or Fiji......wahh!!! hahaha see lah..

anyway back to my main point, so yea....support Malaysia tourism ok? next time you westies think of a holiday, think east malaysia, i will think the Iban and Kadazan culture will be quite different...according to my mom, she seen and learned alot during her visit in Sarawak.

If I havent got tight down by my job and family, i really wish I could take two months off each year to travel around, see the world, learn new culture, and meet new peoples. Just think of all the different weather, different currency, different language, different road sign.......

Just all the different things that you are about to explore? how much would you actually learned? I ve gotten comment like :"nicole, you obviously havent travel enough" when I freaked out about my travelling partner bringing a man to our room and threw the condom around.

Being well traveled doesnt mean you are well slept around. agree? But to some degree, I havent seen the world enough, the place I really want to go is Egypt, Rome and Greece. To learn their history. Sigh.......one day, one day.......

5 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wow..getting married alr?? sommore paid for honeymoon?? haha lucky lucky..so looks like its diet time to fit into your wedding dress soon!

rightmywrong said...

i never been to the east myself but heard a lot of good stuff about sabah and sarawak. ppl told me the seafood very tasty and cheap...

u guys got sponsored honeymoon to sipadan? so jealous!! Me and Gary planning to go tour around asia a little bit...possibly taiwan and japan ;) hope yen stays the same!!! ;)

SuLee said...

Joe,
haha yea man i really gotto start working out and stop eating!!! his mom and dad will buy us honeymoon as wedding gift :) yay!

Meme,
Yea i really want to go , we will stop by Japan on the way back to Malaysia to visit few friends, then we all gonna go back together, they are coming for our wedding and to visit Malaysia too! cuti-cuti Malaysia mahhh

Anonymous said...

Wow baby I am extremely pleased to see you being this supportive towards our Malaysian economy. I think that you made a valid point in this posting, something which I guess a lot of people wouldnt think of.

SuLee said...

Coz i been wanting to go East Malaysia myself..so i must support kuat kuat! you bring me there har darling?