Monday, April 30, 2007

Am I one of them?

Just when I tot Im done with school - BUT NOOOOO!!! all I did at work today was revising and studying more about 3 phase power, gosh! I seriously wish i had longer break.

but like Bill said to a collegue last Friday

" well I put her right back to work coz she already had her holiday in Mexico"

Of coz he was kidding but why did I agree to start so soon? Im already feeling unmotivated.

Matt and the guys popped by my office during lunch time and asked

"hey Nicole, u gonna stick around or u gonna come hv lunch with the big boys?"

of coz I went with them! I was bored as hell!! Fortunately I bonded with my team mates surprisngly fast and well! and they are real fun! not as "nerdy" as they look :P

We came across this topic about Tsunami coz they were wondering if Malaysia got hitted pretty bad, and everyone tot it was a year or two years ago. but hey baby, is 2004, that makes it almost well i wouldnt say 3 years but two and a half!! All of us were like "wow....."

And I tot i will go back time to when Tsunami hitted - what was I doing and what was on my mind.... and I found out that I had quite a few writing in Chinese and it impressed me, I was pretty good ! tell me to write it now, i dont think i can. Really rusty. I should practice more - Im so thankful that my parent sent me to chinese school and im blessed with tiny bit of knowledge in my heritage.

Here's a piece that I found interesting (Translation available)



"崇洋 westernization
在加拿大逗留了一阵 回想以前 亲戚朋友们都非常的崇洋 真的不明白。

有些人在外国泡了几年咸水 就自以为是 连讲话也有外国调 实在顶不顺!
就连在外国吃吃风 也特别神气 “这双鞋是在澳洲买的,那是在香港。。。。”
哇塞!报告的不停呢! 真想兜巴兜巴括他们 觉得自己越来越爱国,哈哈!
还是家乡最好 一年之内最期待就是过新年 今年不能回家过年,没得跟家人团圆 好失望噢
嘿,亲戚朋友们! 反省反省吧! 你们都身在福中不知福
"



have been in canada for quite a while
thinking back...
frens n relative back home has been westernized
everything bout the "west" is good
even "mat salleh" s fart smell better
some of them, go abroad to further study
came back with weird accent
thinking they r at diff level and called the others back home "uncivilized"
geeeez! cant stand them
some even errr...funnier, just came back from vacation and they already so proud! "i got this bag from Australia,tat shoe from hk"
oh god, u hv noooo idea.... "pi-pak!" *slap!*
after all these, i ve becoming more n more patriotic
MALAYSIA BOLEH!hehe
home is the best, theres no place like home for holiday
let me introduce: the east malaysia,sabah, sarawak...
how many of u... "the malaysian" has actually been there?
pulau sipadan is my next target for vacation the sun n smell of the tropical ocean...
ahhhh~ and im gonna get my diving license too *wink~*
the westerner paid thousands n thousands of dollars for that!
eh! ppls back home, open up your eyes!
stop taking things for granted n be appreciative!
coming years, i wouldnt hv the chance to celebrate cny at home but at this foreign place(their lion dance sucks too!) sighhh no reunion dinner with family *sob sob* :
(

Am I becoming one of those pricks that I mentioned above throughout the years?

*thinking deep......*

*thinking deeper....*

*lift my head n answer proudly*

"NOP!"

10 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

O my. I turn around for a minute and suddenly there's like a gazillion posts since Horat! :P

The only thing I remember about the Tsunami is organising a charity mixer where I auctioned off guys and girls for dates. Some did better than others of course. Should do this again sometime soon, maybe with bloggers and auction via eBay? ;)

SuLee said...

WAHHHH sign me up!

I know where hv u been? you need to catch up man!

Kenny Mah said...

Just living life, I guess. Contrary to popular belief, I don't spend all my time online blogging, hahaha. If I did, what to blog about lah? ;)

SuLee said...

well of coz, I guess u were just busy, and i think ppls who spend all their time online blogging are ( no offense) pathetic!

zewt said...

one of the few things that reminded me of the tsunami is receiving the same video clip from my friends like a million time... also, when my friend first told me about ppl getting killed in penang due to 'T-S-U-N-A-M-I".... i was like.... yeah right.....

zewt said...

and... are you saying that i am pathetic?????? eeerrrgggghhhhh

SuLee said...

hahah of coz not! come on u have a job and a life! dont you?

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha..shit i got a feeling i dont hav a life alr..die lor..haha malaysia boleh!......not.....

Anonymous said...

ur wedding cake.. can.. but not like super big to feed 1000 ppl lah.. I'm not so 'pro' yet :S

SuLee said...

joe,
OF ALL PPLS YOU DONT HV A LIFE!?!? look at ur blog man? ur living like a king with ur food journal!! come on mann.. then u come online to make us drool n torture us only...eh come on lah, i would really love to say n see Msia BOLEH!


swee,
no lah, just those typical 3 layers wedding cake, special special one!!! can lahhhh